The time has now come for you to have your say. The draft Abberley Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is now out for public consultation.
Neighbourhood Development Plans came about as the result of the Localism Act of 2011, as a way for communities to shape the development and growth of their area. The Plan must conform overall to the policies already set out in the South Worcestershire Development Plan, and cannot be used to prevent development. However, it does allow us to express what we believe to be important and worth preserving about our community and locality, and to have a view as to what future development should look like. The Plan provides a link between the community and the developer who will be bound, legally, to take notice of the requirements set out in the plan when it is finalised.
The procedure from now on is as follows:
1) The present consultation, whereby you can voice your opinion as to the content of the Plan.
2) Amendment of the Plan after consultation, if required and permissible, then submission to Malvern Hills District Council.
3) A further round of consultation undertaken by the District Council.
4) Assessment by an independent Examiner to decide whether it is sufficiently robust to go to a Public Referendum. He or she may make modifications as deemed to be required.
5) Public referendum whereby Abberley Parishioners vote on whether to allow the Plan to go forward – decided by a simple majority of those who vote.
6) Abberley NDP is then officially adopted, or ‘made’, and becomes part of the statutory framework governing development in the parish.
We look forward to hearing from you by Monday 24th August 2020
Abberley Parish Council June 2020Click to view the Abberley NDP Draft Plan 2020
Comments must be made using the form below and include your name and address. Please make comments as specific as possible, quoting the relevant policy or paragraph number(s). All comments will be publicly available.