List of agencies providing support for Ukraine
- Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) launched a Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal to raise funds for food, water, medicine, protection and trauma care for people fleeing the war. Every pound donated by the UK public to the DEC will be matched by the government, up to the value of £20m.
- The UN Refugee Agency – distributing essential relief items, including blankets, sleeping bags and hygiene items and delivering essential aid
- The British Red Cross – providing accommodation, food, water and other aid items to refugees.
- Care International is providing emergency relief through its partner, People in Need – this non-governmental, non-profit organisation has been sending trucks of durable food, hygiene items, nappies, sleeping bags, mats, and other goods into Lviv in western Ukraine to distribute to people locally.
- Save the Children – Distributing essential supplies and winter kits of clothing and blankets as temperatures plunge below freezing
- The International Committee of the Red Cross is working closely with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society to provide emergency assistance and support local hospitals and primary healthcare facilities with medical equipment.
- Unicef – It estimates there are up to 7.5 million children in need of support and says a £46 donation will provide a family with an emergency water and hygiene kit.
- Médecins Sans Frontières are responding to medical and humanitarian needs as the conflict evolves, providing training in emergency medicine and surgical preparedness to hospitals, as well as mass casualty kits with supplies for treating traumatic injuries.
- World Jewish Relief – the charity is supporting refugees with food, water, personal protective equipment and accommodation.
- Cafod – providing beds, food, washing facilities and safe spaces for children.
- The World Health Organization is raising funds for its frontline response and to deliver life-saving medicines and supplies to people across Ukraine and to refugees.
- Goods For Good UK are providing a rapid response Ukraine crisis and are supplying relief aid to Ukrainian welfare centres which include bedding, clothing, hygiene essential toiletries.